- Much lighter than previous models.
- The dimensions are almost the same as those of the MDX-D810. However, the MDX-D500 is approx. 400g / 14.1 oz. lighter than the MDX-D810. The underwater weight has improved due to a more precise machining method. photo
- Easy Operation.
- Important controls such as Info, ISO and FN have been positioned on the right and left sides of the housing making it easily accessible while holding the grips. Playback and enlargement of the focal point may be achieved with one lever action.
- One-touch lock function for the AF lock lever.
- In AF mode, the AF lock lever may be easily activated, allowing for focus lock by pressing just one lever.
- Compatible with both the VF180 1.2x and VF45 1.2x viewfinders
- By attaching the VF180 (#46112) or the VF45 prism viewfinders (#46111) (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
- High-quality luminescent stickers.
- High-quality luminescent stickers. Controls will glow in low light conditions.
- The main command dial
- The main command dial is located on the right-hand side of the housing. The sub-command dial is also located close to the shutter release lever, allowing for easy access of both controls.
- Diopter adjustment dial.
- The camera's diopter adjustment dial can be operated from the housing. This feature is effective when two or more people (with different eyesight) use the housing.
- Equipped with movable Focus/Zoom gear
- When the focus/zoom dial is pulled out, the gear inside the housing will move outward allowing for lenses with large diameters to be easily mounted.
- Equipped with a two-pin strobe connector.
- Equipped with two Accessory Ports. The Leak Sentinel (vacuum system) may be mounted in one of the two ports.
- Equipped with two Fiber-optic Cable Sockets.
- Port lock can be activated from the outside of the housing.
- Equipped with a lens release button.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes to avoid electrolysis damage.
- Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
Dimensions (WxHxD): 346 x 202 x 140 mm / 13.6 x 8.0 x 5.5 inches
Weight: Approx. 2,800g / 98.8oz (Housing only)